Steve's Salsa Recipe
Chop the following ingredients, in order, in the salsa machine of your
choice. For good chunky salsa, don't over-chop the tomatoes!
That's it! This will make a fairly HOT salsa.
handling the Habenero, be very careful about touching your eyes. You
know what Pepper-Mace is made of?!)
- 1 Habenero pepper (dice first)
- 1/2 medium/large onion (cut into quarters)
- 3-5 good-sized cloves of garlic (chop finely or press)
- 1 to 2 dozen sprigs of cilantro, to taste (cut up)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of salt, to taste
- Chop these ingrediants together fairly finely.
- Now add the tomatoes, and remember admonition above.
- 4 tomatillos, steamed
- 8 fresh Roma tomatos (halved)
For a medium salsa, replace the Habenero pepper with 3-5 Serrano chiles.
For a mild salsa, use a single Serrano, or even a Jalepeño pepper.
Depress to descry a didactic diagram describing the disproportionate
degree of hotness of the habenero chile compared to countless kissing cousin
chiles (most of the same species; all in the same genus) in
Device Independent (DVI) or
The above table was originally prepared by
To return to my interests page
To return to my home page
To return to the IBG Graduate Students
To return to the IBG home page