Administrative/Educational Core A:
The goal of the administrative/educational core component is to facilitate
interactions among an interdisciplinary group of clinicians, behavioral
geneticists, and molecular biologists at the Health Sciences Center and
the Boulder campus of the University of Colorado.
Principal Investigator: Thomas
Co-Principal Investigator: John
During the first five years of the center, beginning
in 1997, we accomplished the following highlights for Core A:
- Created an environment encouraging excellent communication and coordination
of other cores and components.
- Responded effectively to massive new paperwork requirements regarding
the conduct of human research.
- Conducted negotiations with other centers and NIDA, leading to a multi-site
project to replicate our QTL finding in a much expanded sample.
- Supported consultations to Center faculty by our Scientific Advisory
- Brought national research leaders to our campus for scientific presentations.
- Supported 6 outstanding Ph.D and M.D. post-doctoral fellows.
- Oversaw a large educational program for audiences ranging from the
general public to scientist colleagues.
- Coordinated budget management, reports to NIDA, interactions with
the University, etc.